E-M5 Highlights, Shadows Aperture vs Lightroom

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,895Gear list
Like?
Lens correction with Lightroom
In reply to Melbourne Park, Jun 7, 2012

Melbourne Park wrote:

but ... it doesn't allow the lens to be inputted. I click on that area, and no lens come up. I've taken shots with the 45 Oly m43, and the 12-50mm, but it makes no difference.

Anybody know how to fix that?

1) you can't input the lens because LR already knows the lens used and applies the corrections automatically, whether you want it or not.

2) Olympus does transfer the informations needed to correct chromatic aberration automatically. You have to do it manually. I think it is on the second tab; activate the checkbox and then you can use the eyedroper in order to pick up the right color for the color fringe to suppress. It works very well and is easy to achieve. Zoom in to 200-400 percents if the fringe is too thin, it helps picking the right color.

3) concerning distortion, LR will correct automatically for curved distortions, but not for perspective. If you need to correct perspective for converging verticals, you need to use the third tab and drag the sliders. The amount of perspective correction will depend of each pictures ( whether the camera was tilted and how much) unlike the first distortion built into each lens.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow