Yosemite with a 7D?

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,948Gear list
Like?
Re: Yosemite with a 7D?
In reply to cambomj, Jun 7, 2012

cambomj wrote:

I know a good photographer can just about use anything but I do sometimes feel restricted in width and do not wish to be caught wanting in such a remarkable environment. I like the thought of the Canon 10-22mm, and the price of the Sigma 10-20 seems right but I just don't know and I am keen to hear some thoughts and your recommendations.

There are just two EF-S lenses I care about, the 17-55 and the 10-22. I own the 17-55 and although I'm currently focussing on wildlife and birds, the 10-22 sits high on my wishlist of lenses. It's supposed to be a very high quality ultra-wide angle with very good distortion characteristics.

Personally I dislike third party alternatives (except maybe Tokina), so I won't comment on the Sigma. There are two versions of the Sigma 10-20, btw. A constant f/3.5, and a variable f/4-5.6.

If finances allow you, I think the 10-22 will be a great addition for Yosemite.

Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow