Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,158Gear list
Like?
My thoughts on NX-EVF10 external EVF for NX100
Jun 7, 2012

I finally got in hands the external EVF for nx100.

I started using it with all my lenses, and despite its very low resolution (I can easily see the pixels) it's a nice addition for the price I paid it (few less than 50 euro shipped).

I'm very sensitive to rainbow effect and I see it in this EVF as well, but less than in Sony alpha 55, whose EVF, even if better technically, caused me headache.

I tried it also with legacy lenses (notably with Konica hexanon 57mm f1.4 and yashica 50mm f2.0). Manual focusing is possible with 2x enlargement and possibly better, for me, than the rear screen.

Overall I'd advise getting it for framing purposes only and for increased stability when shooting under low shutter speeds. I use glasses and I'd need an eyecup; anyway I can use it also w/o glasses, by changing the diopters on the EVF.

My vote is 7 out of 10, which keeps into account the low price. If I had to pay its original price, then the vote would have been way lower.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
Samsung NX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow