ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cambomj
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
Yosemite with a 7D?
Jun 7, 2012

Hi all,

I've just booked a trip to California with the fam for this coming November and have a couple of days booked in Yosemite. I have no idea on whether this is a good time of year to visit but it is just fortuitous as I am in the area.

I'm seeking your advices please... I'm not really a landscape photographer but more of a portraits guy. I really love my kit BUT I'm thinking I need a wide angle lens to compliment my landscape capabilities.

I currently own :
7D,

Canon 20-35mm - had this for a long time but not very useful as the range is all wrong
Canon 24-105mm - main lens; length suits my style. Irreplaceable.
Sigma 50mm 1.4 - simply adore this lens for portraits
Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS II - mmmm...

I know a good photographer can just about use anything but I do sometimes feel restricted in width and do not wish to be caught wanting in such a remarkable environment. I like the thought of the Canon 10-22mm, and the price of the Sigma 10-20 seems right but I just don't know and I am keen to hear some thoughts and your recommendations.

I'm really looking forward to the trip and want to purchase the lens soon and start developing my landscape skills

Also really keen to hear of any tips and must-dos whilst I am there

Thanks in advance!

cambomj's gear list:cambomj's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +4 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow