Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Docno
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,035Gear list
Like?
NEX skin tones driving me crazy
Jun 7, 2012

Don't get me wrong, I love the NEX line. I bought the 5N, liked what it was about, then moved up to the 7. But all along I've been uncomfortable with the NEX's handling of skin tones... they come out too yellowish, but in a way that I struggle to fix in ACR if working in RAW. I started to think I was imagining things or that maybe there was something wrong with my monitor (which is calibrated).

But today I became convinced that something is truly going on. I took some photos of a friend this afternoon using both my NEX 7 and a900, AWB, RAW+jpeg. It was on my balcony and the sun was low in the sky, so yes, one would expect some warm tones. But the NEX rendering was over the top. Below are OOC jpegs from the two cameras. The NEX is crazy yellow-green.

But please note... even in midday lighting conditions I notice this. And it's been with both the 5N and the 7. Do others see what I see?

-- hide signature --

Galleries: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/glennjude

Sony a900, a700; CZ135mm, CZ24-70mm, SAL70-300mmG, 50mm F1.4, 100mm F2.8 macro, KM17-35mm, CZ16-80mm, KM11-18mm, SAL18-250mm

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow