ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tsunam99
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
IBIS reliability on OMD
Jun 7, 2012

Hi all,

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and going with the OMD (from a GF1), mainly because I want to get IBIS as I use mostly primes (predominantly PL25 & OLY45) and shoot in low light situations (which seems to be a common usage here). I was thinking of picking it up at Amazon Japan (I live in Tokyo) which would have the standard 1 year warranty, but noticed that a local camera shop has it as well, but with a 5% higher price (so ~$50 more). The difference, is that the local store will provide an extended warranty with that 5% fee (3 years instead of 1). I've never really had an issue with a camera failing before, but I was wondering about the reliability of IBIS. I've heard from various reviews that the IBIS rattles around and makes noise (which I can deal with), but was wondering if that constant movement may make the IBIS part of the camera the first to fail. How reliable has IBIS been on other OLYs (not the OMD, as that hasn't been out long enough to have any failures... I hope)?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow