Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joseph T Lewis III
Senior MemberPosts: 1,583Gear list
Like?
Tidbits the A57 Has That A55 Lacks
Jun 7, 2012

I've just started playing with my new A57, but I've already found a few little niceties it has that the A55 doesn't (disclaimer: if it did, I certainly couldn't find them):

-A dedicated Movie mode is available on the Mode dial, with useful underlying options once the Movie mode is selected

-You now have the ability to turn the Movie button OFF, if you can't keep from engaging it accidentally

-On the "Level" display, the aperture and shutter speed are now displayed at the bottom of the LCD (previously, they were not)

-Manual focus magnification is now invoked by the programmable button at the bottom of the camera body adjacent to the lens mount, which makes it a little easier to use than the corresponding button at the lower right back of the A55

There are also other nice features such as focus peaking and better video performance (including lessened tendency for sensor to overheat), but they have been widely documented already. The above tweaks are just a few of the things I was pleasantly surprised to find.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Joseph T Lewis III's gear list:Joseph T Lewis III's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow