Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ubilam
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,860
Like?
TV Aspect Options
Jun 7, 2012

I figured what the heck and ask the DPR OT forum about this before going to another place, so pls be kind.

Assuming that you have a modern flat panel tv like me, I have noticed that there is no singular perfect viewing aspect ratio for every channel or shows be it sports or movies and even commercials. I have to constantly switch the aspect ratio especially just to get rid of that annoying flattened squished effect.

Settings like "Zoom 1" and "Subtitle" will be okay, then much of the screen gets too cropped sometimes. "Normal" setting usually uses a much smaller part of the TV screen for most stuff, but then it goes 'squished' while watching the same show for the commercials. "Auto" is the same thing. News programs will often go from being okay and then they show the squished images within the news reports!

What is going on? Is it my Hannspree LCD TV? The satellite supplier? Individual channels? Are there no set rules on the broadcasting of TV aspects now? I never had this problem with my old CRT TV's. Do you adjust the aspect ratio on your TV from show to show or is the squished effect just a normal accepted thing? I like to use/view the entire TV screen since what is the point of getting a bigger TV. I must be doing something wrong in my setup here...

(my TV is an LCD HD 1080P, dual HDMI, sound equalizer, 10,000 to 1, USB computer cap., etc. )

Thanks for your answers.

Ubilam.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow