Advice needed: 2 lens for my new-coming 5d mk2

Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
EvokeEmotion
Contributing MemberPosts: 734Gear list
Like?
Re: Advice needed: 2 lens for my new-coming 5d mk2
In reply to Phil, Jun 7, 2012

Supposedly this thread is about helping the OP pick out 2 lenses for under $2000, not about you telling the world how impressive your lens collection is, right?

Phil wrote:

Here's the way I would rate what's in my bag.

By far the best lens I own is the EF 85 f1.2 MKII but it's a lens that demands more of me than I have time to give on most days. 5 stars would not be enough if I had the time.

This shot of McKenzie is from the EF 70-200 f2.8L IS MKII which is my go to lens for portraits and is extremely sharp.

The EF 24-70 F2.8L is a little softer but since it is non-IS it often requires you stand and settle before you shoot in low light.

I have little call for the EF 17-40 F4L but it's never let me down.

The EF 24-105 F4L IS is the softest lens in my bag but it is my go to lens for walking around. My impression could be skewed because it's nomally on the 7D and not the 5D MKII.

And to prevent being accussed of 7D bashing here's a 7D.

If you can I would hold out for the EF 24-70 F2.8L MKII. No one can say for sure until production is shipping but is promises to be even sharper than mine.

-- hide signature --

Phil Agur

5DMKII - 7D Dual Body Bag - Go 'L' and don't look back!

Got 7D? See http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=3167

EvokeEmotion's gear list:EvokeEmotion's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow