Slow overall response on 30D
Does this issue sound familiar to anyone, and what was the matter?
I searched the web and found that others who had similar issues had it on (almost) new camera's and mostly shutter related. But not on a camera that is > 5 years old (shots taken about 30.000) and never had these issues.
Findings (sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn’t):
- No shutter release/picture on full press of the shutter button. Does focus (quickly) on half press. But after seconds picture is still taken when button is hold.
- No shutter release/picture on full press of the shutter button. Holding button and got twin shutter release (in one shot mode).
- Half press and focus, then adjust exposure compensation by the wheel on the back. Adjustment is not made directly, but after a few seconds
(visible in top display that every step is taken in the camera . -1/3 =>
- Viewfinder information is lacking.
Looks to be appearing indifferent of:
- Lens used
- Battery used
- Battery level
- CF card used
- Free space on CF card
- Cleaned lens contacts
- Amount of shots taken that day/hour/burst
Any ideas appreciated.