Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,568Gear list
Like?
Darn this xz-1 (praise)
Jun 6, 2012

I was buying camera for my daughter (she wanted a "cool" waterproof) and got her blue tx10 for $150 in BB. They had also XZ-1 for $240, so I said wth, let's try it it could be a reasonable summer cam for my wife. I use fuji xpro1 and x100 and it is hard to beat the IQ.

I was more of a impulse buy and if anything I don't like it, I am returning it - but this darn devil is hard to return! The images from it come out perfectly balanced, vivid and contrasty (only with the standard tiny sensor pixel-peeping mush in oof details). Indoor pics are also better than any PS I remember. The outdoor images have the cheerful character of what I am used from x100 jpeg.

I of course prefer x100/xpro1 image in any day or night, but I paid for my xpro1 literally 10x more than for this small xz-1.

Now I am not even sure I will give the xz-1 to my wife!!! Seems like perfect pocket or bag cam.

One thing i don't understand, i saw this xz-1 in BB for that price sit there for months... nobody seems to grab it... strange.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus XZ-1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow