ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ann Badjura
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Which camera: Sony A55 or Sony A65
Jun 6, 2012

Hello Everybody,

I value dpreview very much and I figured this would be the best place to ask my question! I own a Sony A200 with the 2 kit lenses which I am very happy with, but I feel it's time for an upgrade.

This time I would like to buy a body only and a decent lens. I am really attracted to the Sony A65, but it's pretty pricy and I am wondering if you really need the 24mp? The other camera I have in mind is the Sony A55.

I am looking at a 17 -50mm F2.8 lens to buy with this camera. The sony lens (16-55mm F2.8) is around $800, there is also a Tamron lens (17-50mm F2.8) which is similar and is priced around $500. I have been doing lots of research and I always look back at the Sony 55 as the price is much more attractive. So I am a little bit torn between the 2 camera's.

Photography is a hobby and I enjoy taking photos very much. I don't always have the time to get up at the crack of dawn or stay out until later in the evening when the light is at it's best. But when I do have the chance, I'll take it. I mainly take photos of landscapes, cityscapes, waterscapes, now and then there will be flowers, animals and people (mainly my little girl)...but not as much as landscapes/cityscapes.

So, in your opinion...which camera would best suit me? The Sony A65 or the Sony A55? I do understand that these things are personal, so I am curious what you think!

Thanks in advance you for your input!
Ann

-- hide signature --
 Ann Badjura's gear list:Ann Badjura's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 Sony SLT-A57 Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow