Soft shots with D800?

Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kabe Luna
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,294Gear list
Like?
Thanks. No AF problems for me
In reply to ADMint, Jun 6, 2012

other than needing to fine-tune my a couple of my lenses. Once that's done, all is well. Of course, you have to learn the AF system's idiosyncrasies–for example, the AF points cover a larger area than indicated on screen, so it's important to find an AF target that is unambiguous.

And if you do get one with AF issues, send it back to the seller (or return it to the store), not to Nikon. Try another body.

ADMint wrote:

@ Kabe Luna,

I've actually seen some of your shots before as I've been looking through the website before finally registering. Nice shots btw.

Question: do/did you have the AF issue?

Anyway I've no doubt seen some amazing photos taken with both the D800 and 800E. It's just that I've also seen quite a few shots that look a bit soft when comparing them to say some D700 and wonder if it's due to AF issues.

And yes, there's no doubt the camera is going to be amazing, I just hope I don't get one with the AF issue and have to turn around and send it off to Nikon. That's a pain in and of itself. Point being you just get a new toy only to have to send it off for repair immediately.

Thanks.
--
New to this forum, not to forums!

-- hide signature --
 Kabe Luna's gear list:Kabe Luna's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow