Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Ing
Regular MemberPosts: 490
Like?
Seeking info re MF Minolta RF Rokkor-X 500 f/8 mirror lens
Jun 6, 2012

Please pardon me if I should have posted the following question in another forum, but "Konica-Minolta" seemed most appropriate: I recently bought a used Minolta RF Rokkor-X 500mm f/8 manual focus mirror lens from KEH. I have it mounted on an Olympus OM-D EM-5 body, and, given the new Olympus' surprisingly effective IBIS, have gotten some pretty decent handheld results in outdoor light.

Unfortunately, the lens was missing the rear-mounted screw-in UV filter that was part of the standard accessory filter kit originally included with new lenses. Question: I understand that, as with most drop-in or rear-mounted filters, the missing UV filter is factored in as one of the elements of the original lens design. In practice, is the optical performance of the Rokkor seriously compromised by lack of this filter? And secondly, can anyone suggest where I might inquire about acquiring the four-filter set and the metal key used for installing/removing the filter?

Thanks for any help of suggestions you can give.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow