Everyone likes a cute cat picture!

Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
nickdollimount
Regular MemberPosts: 170Gear list
Like?
Re: Great Capture
In reply to Dick Thomas, Jun 6, 2012

Thanks Dick! I really appreciate all the great feedback people are providing. This little gem is named Mia (mee-ah).

A friend's son found her as a stray kitten and took her in. They had her fixed and vaccinated but then he quickly realized he wasn't cut out to have a pet. I luckily had mentioned online that I was looking for a cat and my friend let me know of her. When I went to meet her, my friend was very surprised that I was the first person Mia came out to see. She said she basically hadn't seen much of her for the couple weeks she had been there. I took her home loose in my car and she stayed calm the whole 20 minute drive. She's a great cat with lots of personality. ...and a lot to say; she talks so much.

Dick Thomas wrote:

What a great capture! I have always had a couple of cats around the house and I know how hard it is to get just the right moment. The stretching paw is a moment every cat owner knows well.

I like how well you managed to keep the focus on your cat's eyes. And they are very beautiful green eyes indeed. The gold blaze across the cat's face a very attractive feature as well.

I especially like the detail on the whiskers. Cat's whiskers are amazing things. I have one that has the longest and curliest whiskers that you have ever seen. To see his head back-lit is very impressive.

Does this beautiful cat have a name? She should not be anonymous on the Internet.

-- hide signature --

Dick Thomas
Kalamazoo, MI

-- hide signature --

Nick Dollimount
Canon 5D Mark III
Hobbyist - https://www.facebook.com/nickdollimountphotography

nickdollimount's gear list:nickdollimount's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow