How did you get to buy your GXR-M camera/mount?

Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Godfrey
Forum ProPosts: 26,861
Like?
Re: How did you get to buy your GXR-M camera/mount?
In reply to nonuniform, Jun 6, 2012

nonuniform wrote:

Funny, I almost sold my Nikon gear, which I too have used professionally and it has served me well. I had thought about getting the M9. I too have M lenses, and so, after selling equipment, purchasing the M9 would be a wash.

I decided to wait after I rented an M9.

Why did I want that camera? My M6 and M4 were like extensions of my eyes, my way of seeing, and I had yet to ever feel that way about the images I created with the Nikon DSLRs.

I liked the size and feel of the M-series cameras, and using them was just second nature. Unfortunately, I wasn't as enamored of the M9 images. I know others are, and that's how it is.

I took a long-shot on the GXR with the A12 mount. I don't know why, there was nothing out there that told me it would be better, different, etc than any other camera.

I am thrilled with this camera. The Zeiss 21/2.0 lens is unbelievable with the GXR - it has a certain feel to the color, maybe a little more "warmth", and it creates a sort of matte painting like effect with the backgrounds. Killer for me and the way I see.

That's great to hear.

Yes, indeed: the GXR-M and the M9 are two entirely different cameras. They only seem to duplicate one another in some limited way. They work differently, see differently, record image differently. The only way to get a good feel for either is to get your hands one and use it. The biggest problem with the GXR is that it's somewhat hard to find in a local store or rental agency so that you can try it out.
--
Godfrey
http://godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow