Is lack of IS a deal breaker for the Xpro1

Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jeff Seltzer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,681
Like?
Re: Really, a deal breaker?
In reply to dbbarron, Jun 6, 2012

The amount you can zoom in depends on the file size set. But, now that you point it out, I am able to zoom further-in on my 5DII and it would be nice to be able to zoom in a bit further. However, for me, I can zoom-in enough. The ability to zoom-in on my focus point is nice, though, because I can tell if that area is in focus really quickly. I guess my point is the ability to zoom 50% vs. 100% vs. 200% should not be a deal breaker at all.

dbbarron wrote:

Jeff Seltzer wrote:

When in playback, you can push the command wheel and zoom directly to the focus point. You also have the standard zoom in/zoom out functionality. Page 57 of user manual. I don't see how zooming into the "pixel level" would help with determining focus. What's an in-focus pixel look like vs. an out of focus pixel???

I was zooming in and out using the buttons on the left of the screen and could not get in close enough to properly check focus. It sounds like there is another mode to check using the command wheel - does this mode zoom in more than the buttons on the left of the screen?

And my Porsche does have cup holders that are too small - I bought it anyway.

db

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow