D7000 35mm AF-ON

Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
The Battery
Regular MemberPosts: 190Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 35mm AF-ON
In reply to silent tim, Jun 6, 2012

I tried the AF-ON approach and liked it for all the reasons mentioned so far, but actually had to switch back because of one killer issue: Having the AF-C mode doesnt activate the focus assist lamp on my flashes (specifically the 800 and 700, not sure about the others...) (you know, the infra red cross hatch the flashes shoot out...)

I know i could switch AF-S when i need it, but its annoying and i always forget and am frustrated when the camera cant achieve focus (imagine a wedding reception where its dark as crap and the bride is getting ready to throw the flowers!).

I now use the half-press and have the AF-ON button (or whatever its really called) set to AF lock... Best of both worlds for me.

Anyone had this problem or know of a way around it other then switching back and forth from AF-C to AF-S?

The Battery's gear list:The Battery's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow