X2 vs X1 vs X100 vs XPro-1 vs Xwhatever...

Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr Doug
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
X2 vs X1 vs X100 vs XPro-1 vs Xwhatever...
Jun 6, 2012

Looks to me like a good-ole pi$$ing match. ala: Mac/Windows, Ford/Chevy. Nothing anyone will say can change anyone else's mind. I don't bother.

I own an X1, and an X100. In the last 90 days, I've taken about 5,000 with each of them. They both have strengths and weaknesses. One is NOT better than the other for everything. They do things differently...that's about the only way that I can put it. I love the IQ of the Leica. I love shooting with the X100.

It's all about personal taste...in case you haven't' realized that yet.

I bought the first XPro-1 that Dodd Camera in Cleveland got in their door....and I returned it a few days later. It wasn't a camera for me. It wasn't an M9...it wasn't an X100 grown up. Different beast entirely. If/When they have native RAW support in Aperture or Lightroom, I'll jump back in. (The clicking drove me nuts too....but I guess that's fixed now.)

I ordered an X2, and plan on spending some quality time with it this weekend. (Assuming it ships today/tomorrow.) I'm interested in the low-light focusing, and faster auto-focus. If it does those two things well, I'm in. The X100 won't be going on eBay any time soon though. The hybrid OVF is just so bad-ass, I feel like I'm actually shooing pictures...not holding a magic box in front of me. (Yes, I ordered an Olympus EVF for it.)

Time will tell which is right for me. If you are searching the forums for which camera is right for YOU....good luck with that. You'll never know until you get the thing and actually start...dare I say...Taking Pictures?!?!?!

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica X1 Leica X2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow