Please shed some light on tweeking files for printing

Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
AusPic
Regular MemberPosts: 289
Like?
Re: Time for Andrew to get "crystal clear" about PPI vs DPI
In reply to Hugowolf, Jun 6, 2012

Thanks for the two links.

Eric Chans name and the MIT connection rang some bells for me. Found I had downloaded a swag of info in March 2009-Epson 3800: Printer and Resources. Had forgotten that I had that still so that was a useful prompt, thanks!

Reading it at the time had the effect of steering me away from the 3800 and into A4 Canon, which is where I stayed for a long while. All through that time I stayed in contact with the folks I eventually bought the 3880 off. last week. They are strong advocates for Epson. Whereas, I am averse to 'tribalism' and protect my independence fiercely! So just to assert my freedom I bought an Artisan 730 multifunction. to test Epson ink & paper for myself. That little beauty had me considering printing larger myself, and both Bob.P and Jtoolman pushed me over the edge......in a nice way I hasten to add.

I will re read, as I have evolved and grown a tad in the intervening years, may even be a bit more mellow

Still on the fence with Lr4. love 3! PS5 ext seems to have MOST of what PS6 offers, although a bit enhanced.........maybe in six months or so?

Cheers

It is a small world
--
Andrew G

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow