Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nightshadow1
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Nikon D800E Buyers Beware!
Jun 6, 2012

I am an English speaking foreigner living in Bangkok Thailand.

I just received my D800E in Thailand and although this camera is advertised (in most Nikon internet sites) as bundled with Capture NX2 because of the increased moire potential, the Nikon Distributor in Thailand does not include this software. They said, if I want it, I can buy it at from my Nikon dealer. Why? Isn't this program bundled because of the increased moire potential? No wonder everyone complains about Nikon service.

Also, there is no English instruction manual included, even though this camera package was from Hong Kong which is supplied by the Thailand Nikon distributor.

When I contacted Nikon, they said to download the "unprintable" manual or mail (at my expense) my unused "Thai" instruction manual to Hong Kong and wait to receive the English manual in the mail. (pay your money and then wait for instructions ???) BTW... the main language in Hong Kong is Chinese, not Thai, and most high-end camera store personnel also speak English. So, where is the Chinese instruction manual or English manual?

The Nikon web site in Thailand is only in Thai, so it is impossible (unless you speak Thai) to obtain any information. We can't even determine if we are receiving everything we should, and what "specials" we should be receiving.

The Nikon (Thai) business model... Pay More for moire... and receive ??? no software and no instruction manuals! Money saved is money in our pockets!

I guess this is the new level of customer (un) service with Nikon!

Don't get me wrong... the D800E is a wonderful camera ... but, common sense and normal - expected customer service... forget it... not included!

Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow