Pentax K5 VERSUS Panasonic FZ 150

Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anirut J
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
Re: Pentax K5 VERSUS Panasonic FZ 150
In reply to zetkay, Jun 6, 2012

Ummm ...

The K5 and FZ150 are soooo different. It's like comparing a sports car VS a compact.

It depends on your needs and requirements. I myself don't use a K-5, but a K-r -- still an APS-C DSLR -- because I need to take advertising shots from time to time. Not much, but still will come in handy when I need it.

If you only use your pics for web or A3 and smaller prints for personal use, the FZ150 may do just fine. But when it comes to more serious jobs, then a big NO.

Not that the FZ150 is a shabby camera, but it's only good for certain purposes. In fact, I'm planning to get one as a carry around when I don't feel like carrying my gear with me. (I had the FZ100 but sold it off).

Or, if you can wait, why not wait for the up-coming K-30? This option, of course, depends on the price. If the price of the K-5 drops to near K-30 at launch, the choice is easily the K-5. The K-30 is like the K-r on steroids. Don't let the small battery scare you. Yes, the spec says 400-ish pics, but I have use that battery on my K-r for 1000+ pics during an airshow with LOTS of 6FPS bursts. Plus you can get the AA battery cradle for emergency use, too.

All in all, look at your requirements. And, certainly, the lens is more important than the camera.

-- hide signature --

R.I.P. -- Rejoice In Photography

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow