20mm vignetting, a problem?

Started Jun 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
eilivk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,462Gear list
Like?
Re: 20mm no problems...
In reply to PhotographicPhil, Jun 6, 2012

Often find mannequins interesting, or strange. Usually there is too much details in the background or you get your own reflection. Guess you have to take some time to make it really good. A friend tells me this is not real "photography", might be right, but anyway done this now and then.

Tried to focus where I got the right "values" and move the camera, should rather have focused in the middle of the text and cropped a bit. Never been clever with focusing with "macro" and get what I want in focus. Maybe I'll try Beginners Questions...

PhotographicPhil wrote:

I can't help noticing how unbelievably pointy that mannequin's nipples are! Sorry, I should concentrate on the technical aspects of the photo.

When you say you dragged the focus, I assume you mean that you moved the focus point with your finger and expected it to continuously focus as you did so? As much as I like this lens, it is not really designed for fast changes in focus. To emphasise the point, you'll notice that continuous AF is disabled and cannot be selected. I wouldn't have thought you'd need to resort to pinpoint AF - just focus on one point and stick with it.

eilivk's gear list:eilivk's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Ricoh CX4 Sony RX1 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow