ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vipgeorges
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Nikon 85mm 1.4G or 1.8G for the D800?
Jun 6, 2012

Hi,

I still haven't received my D800 but I'm switching from a Sony a850 system so I'm getting a few good lenses. I should receive the D800 next week (hopefully).

My mind was all set on getting the 85mm 1.4G because of its sharpness and amazing bokeh but given that the D800 will be my carry around camera, I'm suddenly thinking about the 1.8G because because of it's smaller size and lighter weight.

I've read a lot of good stuff about both lenses but I can't seem to get a good understanding of what it is I'm "loosing" by getting the 1.8G (except for the better flare resistance).

I want lenses that are able to resolve the full power of the D800 sensor, as I also work on perfecting my technique, obviously. Will the 1.8G inherently limit the D800?

I know that there's a large price difference between these lenses, but price is not an issue in this situation.

Thanks for any guidance.

George

Nikon D800 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow