Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RobertLaw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,016
Like?
HX20 or something else?
Jun 6, 2012

I have been an amateur photographer for many years and have owned a number of SLR cameras. I currently own a Nikon D90 DSLR and am very happy with it. I do run into occasions where I would like to have a point and shoot camera. I can't put my DSLR into a baggie to keep it dry while hiking Zion Narrows My daughter has a Sony HX7 that she really likes. I am interested in the HX20 with its 20x zoom. I have a few questions before I spring for almost $400.00 for a point and shoot.

1. I have noticed in the store that when I put the camera in manual mode that the f/stop seems to go between two f/stops. Are there only two f/stops available?

2. How effective is a 500mm zoom image?

3. How good is the general image quality from the camera?

4. The camera takes video at 60 frames a second, how are the videos from the camera?

I really appreciate your comments. If you think a different camera would do the job, I'm open for suggestions.
--
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
-- Max Ehrmann

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow