Henry Posner Just emailed me with this news. I ordered 2/7/12

Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
OleManTx
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Re: Henry Posner Just emailed me with this news. I ordered 2/7/12
In reply to henryp, Jun 6, 2012

Henry:

Best Buy delivered in 18 days, order to delivery. During that 18 days I received four different emails from the keeping me up to date of the track of my order, from receiving my original estimated delivery date to the message I got today where they delivered two days ahead of their original estimate given when I placed the order. It appears to me that instead of taking unlimited orders, Best Buy (and others) are opening and closing their order window based upon their knowledge, or at least highly educated guesses, of product availability. During the two months I had an order open at B&H I heard from you exactly once before I simply canceled the order and moved on to look for another source. Various claims have been made by posters here about things they claim to have been told by different people at B&H and you have disputed most of them. The difference in service to customers between B&H (and Amazon and Adorama and probably a few others) is that you took and continue to take orders not knowing if or when you will be able to fulfil them and you have no ability to tell customers anything except that you ship as soon as product is received and in most cases, in some semblance of the order in which people placed their requests. It seems that the places who didn't take unlimited orders are filling orders and have happy customers while B&H and a few others do not. I'm sure the angst will pass with time after everyone gets their cameras but this concept of taking unlimited orders which you cannot fill seems to be one which needs to be looked at from a management standpoint.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow