Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
painterdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,785Gear list
Like?
wellington 100
In reply to Wellington100, Jun 6, 2012

Wellington100 wrote:

painterdude wrote:

Kind of hard to get your head around 20 million pixels on a point and shoot ?? Looks like the pixel race has been kicked up a notch ..I would not surprise me if other companies follow suit and stick even more pixels on smaller cheaper sensors just to be able to advertise big numbers!

At the end of the day how well this cam does against the X10 will have to be seen in what it actually produces re IQ in images.
g

Ratty is right, the PD is actually lower on the Sony than on a X10. What the 20m pixels will give you is unprecedented resolution of a scene and the ability to crop deeply into it and because the PD is lower, even the 100% crops should look better.

Yes, I understand that re what was said at the outset. I was just speculating that since the race seems to be on with regard to putting a big pixel number on new cam offerings, the uneducated public may be offered cameras from other companies with large pixel counts on smaller sensors ! I bet that will happen. What are we up to on eensy sensors now ?? 18 mp??

How this new Sony will do with its larger sensor..and yes less PD than the X10 well time will tell. All things considered it should be better..but it has no VF sooo for me little appeal..

g

-- hide signature --

S100 (MIA), S6500, S5, F300, F200, F70, F11 (Retired), F31 (deceased), Z5, V10, D40, EX1

painterdude's gear list:painterdude's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D800E
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow