Started Jun 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JordanAT
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
How do you carry a set of primes?
Jun 6, 2012

Is there a lightweight, convenient way to take 2-3 extra lenses?

Background: I'm still struggling with how to walk around with my D3. Understand that life has gotten between me an photography for the past 20 years - my previous camera was an F4s on which I spent most of my summer job proceeds when I was in college. I'm still using an old 35-105/2.8 ASD Tamron as my walking around lens, but I'm more critical of my images now and am considering primes (28/50/85 1.8, f105 or 135 f2.0). The Tamron is just too soft, but looking at zooms which are available 70mm is too short if it's the long end (24-70) and too long if it's the short end (70-200), and the 24-120 is too slow (f/4). Yeah, I'd drop a wad on a 24-120/2.8 VC in a heartbeat, but I don't see that happening.

I don't want to have to carry a 40lb backpack, but no matter which lens I mount, I usually find that the length I want (or need) is still in the bag when I go to frame a shot.

Nikon D3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow