faststone. as a beginner i like but why?

Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 5,796Gear list
Like?
Re: faststone. as a beginner i like but why?
In reply to chalky46, Jun 6, 2012

Faststone is a pretty good image viewer, which is what I mostly use it for. Some of the batch functions such as resize and rename are also useful.

The post processing functions are very basic, but may be sufficient if you only shoot JPG's and unless you need to do retouching. In that case there are other programs that are either free or of low cost. Photoshop Elements is one of the better low cost programs, but as sjgcit said, you should download the free trial and use it before buying.

A full fledged free post processing program is gimp. It is in most ways as powerful as Photoshop, but it is not as user friendly - not that Photoshop is especially user friendly either. There are some excellent tutorials available for gimp to make learning how to use it easier.

http://www.gimp.org/

Finally, for the professional or advanced amateur there are Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop. Corel PaintShop Pro is an alternative to Photoshop but I can't comment on how good it is since I haven't tried it.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow