lossah F770 shots

Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
painterdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,784Gear list
Like?
Joms
In reply to jcmarfilph, Jun 5, 2012

wooo..now that is some serious sharp shooting . Cool shots!! You know what I had a Red Tail for a while as a " pet" if a wild raptor can be such.

I was out with my friends in high school hunting pheasant when one of the guys spotted a Red Tail circling high above. One of the guys bet another in our group he could not hit it. He of course, in spite of objections from mio , met the challenge let drive ..I was amazed given the hieght ...but down came the Red Tail. I took it home. ..It only had one pellet through a wing muscle so I bound up the wing ..and put the hawk in a cage outside .

I had two early morning paper routes where I was able to collect road kill. I fed the hawk for 4 weeks and after some test flying over a number of days -making sure it could fly...it was let go. It was cool. I had a chance do similar things three Snowy Owls ..on three successive years . They were simply starving and I was able to bring them back to strength and release them.
all the best
g

painterdude's gear list:painterdude's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D800E
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
JomsNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
JomsNew
IQ ?New
JomsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow