Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PlanetOne
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
My Olympus e-m5 produced some very under-exposed images, please help
Jun 5, 2012

I received my e-m5 with kit 12-50 lens a few days ago and decided to test it out this past weekend. I went to the Brooklyn bridge and took about 100 pictures. After I came back home I noticed that about 20 of them are way under-exposed, some are totally dark. I used mostly the EVF and the camera was in Aperture priority mode. Before I clicked on the shutter button, the image from the EVF looked normal (bright and correctly exposed), and the exposure parameters seemed to be correct. I am also certain the exposure compensation was set to be zero (the image file info confirmed that). However, some pictures taken were very dark, and some are totally black. This seemed to happen randomly. Sometimes I took two pictures consecutively without changing any settings, and one came out fine and the other dark. And it happened to both the 12-50 kit lens and the 20mm/1.7 lens. The only possible "wrong" doing I could think of is that I accidentally changed lens a few times while the camera was still on.

Can anyone give me some advice on what could be the problem? I would rather this to be caused by human error than a defect camera. With all this shortage going on, if I return this silver camera now, I may have to wait a long time before I get a replacement. Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow