Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Encephalartos
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
Canon 7D noise problem
Jun 5, 2012

Hello this is my first time posting to the Canon forum, two weeks ago tomorrow I brought a 7D along with 3 lenses (100mm 2.8 L, 17-40 f4 L and 50mm 1.4). so far I am very happy with the camera and I am impressed with its performance. I have come from a D7000 that got stolen a few weeks ago.

But I seem to be having a problem with low ISO noise, I only shoot in RAW and then load the files into LR4 this is where I notice the problem manly in the sky or other lighter areas. One thing that I have done is enable highlight tone priority, from what I have read is that it is very effective at preventing the highlights from being “clipped”. Manly of the subjects I shoot can be quite prone to highlight clipping such as Rhododendron flowers.

I have attached an image that was taken in raw and converted to JPEG using lightroom without any correction being applied but there is considerable noise in the sky. I am not sure if this is a 7D thing (maybe not!) but a HTP thing. Any advice would be much appreciated? The picture as taken in aperture priority if its any help?
If I am not using the right setting what would any of you recommend?

James

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow