Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,090Gear list
Like?
XP1 photographs WWII
Jun 5, 2012

Amazingly enough we have what is supposed to be the biggest WWII reenactment in the world right here at our local airport. There are thousands of troops, hundreds of vehicles and many, many planes, big guns, etc. There are USO shows, hospitals, a wartime restaurant and everything else you can think of. It goes for three days. There are "battles" all day, the planes are flying all day and you can walk through the many vast camps.

I used my Sunday morning nurse time to go to the reenactment instead of the usual clays shooting. In four hours (counting getting there and back) I could only see a small fraction of the place, but it was way cool anyway for a WWII buff like me.

You could purchase rides on the various warbirds. A ride in a P51 was a mere $1,995.00. This lucky fellow was affluent enough to take the ride.

I took a bunch of pics, as you might imagine. All of them, except a few long distance telephoto airplane shots which I did with the big Canon, were shot with the light, handy XP-1 using the 18mm and 35mm lenses. It was MUCH less intrusive than the big Canon when taking candid pics of people. I was very happy with the image quality the XP-1 produced, tho' it doesn't show that well on the low res versions that can be posted here.

At any rate, here are just a few of the pics:

If you aren't bored silly and want to see more, I think this link will allow that.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee263/Birddogman_photos/WWII%20-%202012/?start=all

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow