Question about shooting with bifocals + Photos from last night

Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
jthomas
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
Great Info. Thanks.
In reply to VincentPhoto, Jun 5, 2012

I am in a similar situation to you, and in reading it, I had a an Aha! moment. The Nikon Optics site was informative and it listed some products that I did not realize even existed. I am particularly intrigued by the idea of a far/intermediate bifocal, which sounds perfect. Like many, I end up taking glasses on and off to use the camera, which is a huge PITA. The most frustrating thing is that I can adjust the viewfinder to shoot without glasses, but I then have to put them on look at the LCD. Very frustrating, particularly when I am hiking in the wilderness.

The stuff on the Nikon Optics site looks like amazing technology, but given what regular bifocals cost, the prices are probably going to be staggering.

BTW, I tried progressives a few years ago and absolutely hated them. The most maddening thing was when driving on the Interstate. If I glanced to the left to look in the side mirror, everything was blurred until I rotated my head. Frustrating as hell and downright dangerous IMO. I don't understand how anyone can drive with the damn things.

Thanks again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow