X10: what about optical viewfinder imageborders next to 4:3?

Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Donthuis
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
X10: what about optical viewfinder imageborders next to 4:3?
Jun 5, 2012

As long as Fuji does not guarantee the new sensor in its delivery channels I will hold back on buying it and continue using my Canon 300HS instead. But once this will be solved I will definitely move over. One thing is still missing though fom the specs.

Since the X10 provides for an optical viewfinder, I would've expected it to follow the image dimension being chosen (4:3, 3:2, 16:9). Or as older cameras from way back: some lines mirrored inside the field of the overall 4:3 view for the other image dimensions. Even indicating by two golden lines just one, the 16:9 image option, now becoming so popular for video's and pictures on a LCD or LED TV, would suffice.

The only APS topcamera from Canon used mirrored-in lines for deliniating the different image dimensions offered as alternative. APS was the first photochemical system to provide for different formats from one camera (if we exclude the half-image 35 mm option of Olympus, which worked for the whole roll of film) And digital comes next, why not offer such a feature in a camera that so clearly shows the past in its design?
--

Longterm photographer from way back in the 50's via analog SLR's, three generations of video equipment towards present high end compact with HD-video included.

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow