Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mr.NoFlash
Senior MemberPosts: 2,128Gear list
Like?
the grass is always greener on the other side
In reply to goblin, Jun 5, 2012

goblin wrote:

Mr.NoFlash wrote:

With Sony there exists no AF performance with 4/3 lenses.

So better m43 than sony, if you ask about 4/3 lens AF performance.

Let's say the way they handled the AF conversion with legacy lenses issue (two separate offerings of CDAF LE-LA1 converter for SSM lenses or an efficient PDAF LE-LA2 converter working with all of their legacy lenses, plus peaking for manual focus) is something I would have loved seeing done from Olympus.

And which Olympus would have no doubt done if they had Sony's funds.

i also think about Sony Next as future, but as Jay Jenner wrote in the post way down
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=41701938

the Nex system, or lets say the only serious NEX camera the Nex-7, has a small "directly made for NEX" lens system, slower AF performance with NEX lenses. And I add, strongly chipped batteries ( not only the thermal resistor which oly now uses for charging the battery).

I like Sony, and if I would have Sony I would go the NEX route, but I think in the sum Sony is not better than Oly in the mirrorless category.

Perhaps if Sony finances Olympus, then Oly might be able to licence the Sony PDAF-for-mirrorless in return to that -äähm- makes no more DSLR competition to the Sony DSLR System...

Mr.NoFlash's gear list:Mr.NoFlash's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Leica Digilux 3 Samsung NX300
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow