D800 Morning Shoot

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tom_Bruno
Contributing MemberPosts: 640Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 Morning Shoot
In reply to tankinmd2, Jun 5, 2012

Man! That's a really striking photo. Good work!

I also got my D800 through Ritz, and dumped the B&H order. For any who are still on a queue at the big guys, try wandering into a small local shop, such as a Ritz outlet, and place an order. I got mine two weeks later. It won't work on the web, though, you need a small local outlet to take advantage of the USA fairness in distribution regulations that send stock to the little guys.

That grayed out sun is a pain. I've had some like that in the past, and I've tried a few things to fix it. It's brutal. Since there's no image data at that spot, levels or curves won't help. I generally lift a sun-like color from some part of the image or another image and paint in some yellow on a separate layer, with a feathered mask. It generally works, kind of. I have a few sunny yellows I keep in my swatches palette, lifted from other photos.

Congrats on the new camera! It's obvious that you're already loving it.

You should know, however, that you cannot get full usage out of it until...you post a cat picture.

Regards and keep shooting.

-- hide signature --

Tom B

Tom_Bruno's gear list:Tom_Bruno's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D200 Nikon D800E Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow