Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blogan
Contributing MemberPosts: 675
Like?
Slightly disillusioned with 7d vs. Nikon D5000
Jun 5, 2012

Well I'm pretty new to all of this. I started with a point and shoot then a nikon D5000 and now the 7d.

I was doing some comparisons with the 7d and D5000 and I guess I was expecting the 7d to blow doors on the D5000, but it didn't.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I used both cameras in the creative auto mode. Just wanted to see how they compared kind of out of the box so to speak.

The 7d colors weren't true to what was being photographed. The D5000 was closer to the original colors but came out just a bit darker.

I was using kit lenses on both. Canon 18-135 and Nikon 18-55, so I used the 18mm on both cameras trying to get everything as even as possible and just see what each camera did with no bells and whistles. Also jpeg. I have read where a cheap lens was going to do a good camera a disservice.

Just curious as to what your comparisons might be. Is everyone happy with their 7d? I love everything about the 7d except the photos. I want to love them also.

Tips or suggestions or opinions on the 7d?

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D5000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow