Started Jun 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ScottnLaguna
Contributing MemberPosts: 693
Like?
My visit to El Segundo repair...
Jun 5, 2012

Well, could not get anyone to ever answer the telephone, so I drove up to the location without an appointment. Turns out, they don't care. You can just walk in if you want and drop it off. They actually don't answer any calls. Ever. So don't waste your time.

Nice building, nice neighborhood. Very spartan inside. Just a counter, one woman and a large display case with almost every Nikon camera ever made, up until the D700.

They also had a little area with how they take chunks of glass and make their own lenses.

I had to take in an 18-200mm VR which fell off a bed and won't focus anymore. Also a D300 to clean the sensor and overall cleaning/calibration.

They have you fill out a post card to tell you when to pick up your order. An email is sent out to tell you the estimated price and for your authorization first. She said probabably 7-10 working days to do the service.
Overall pretty good.

I asked her if any of the technicians were Japanese and she said a couple. Made me feel better.
Thought anyone interested would like to know about this info.

Nikon D300 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow