Soy a57 setup for family actvities

Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
EvilOne
Forum ProPosts: 13,528Gear list
Like?
Re: Soy a57 setup for family activities
In reply to Brian12341, Jun 5, 2012

Brian12341 wrote:

Thinking of buying the a57 and was wondering which would be the best lens setup to do basic portraits, video and just all round basic family stuff. I'm new to this so any help is appreciated. Thanks

-- hide signature --

Brian, welcome to this forum.... here are a few tips about forums in general... everyone has an opinion.. you can get two dozen opinions and each one be different... without knowing the person offering their advice, all of these recommendations are just opinions...

The very first thing I believe you need to offer in your research is just exactly what do you want to spend.. Next would be your knowledge of photography, what I mean by this is why buy a 600 dollar bottle of wine when your taste buds have yet to develop...

Most first purchases are made to just get you started, as your taste buds develop down the road, you will look back and laugh at what was acceptable way back in June 4, 2012... At this point you could say ok.. let me just get my feet wet knowing that I don't want , need, or desire a 600 dollar bottle of wine now... or you could say let me get into a bottle of wine that I can grow with.. that is not the cheapest and probably more lens than you can appreciate.. but you will grow to appreciate a good lens and not throw it in the closet next year when you make a more informed purchase.
So lets start with your idea of a budget.. for this lens..
Bill
Capturing memories, one at a time.

Visit my Smug Mug Galleries at:
http://evil-twin.smugmug.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow