ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Acornrev
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Sell my 5N and get a 60D?
Jun 4, 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking some experienced advice. I have been thinking lately about selling my NEX 5N and getting a Canon 60D. I have just been disappointed with too many missed or out of focus shots. I primarily shoot my 2 year old daughter, who is constantly moving and it seems the NEX 5N can't handle her. I've read that the 60D's auto focus system is much more advanced, and very good for subject tracking. The 60D is within my budget.

Aside from that, I think composing with a viewfinder would be much more enjoyable than the LCD for many pictures, especially outdoors in sunlight. I do enjoy the tilt LCD of the NEX, but the 60D also comes with a fully articulating screen.

Also, in terms of lenses, while I know the NEX line is increasing, it seems their lens prices are much higher than Canon lenses. I would be in the market for a 50mm prime and a good zoom lens up to 135 or 200mm.

If you shoot moving kids with your NEX and are getting a high % of keepers, can you offer some tips? I would prefer to keep my NEX because of the hassle of selling and buying a new camera, but I'd also like to be more satisfied with my photography.

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow