Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,424
Like?
Re: Ah! There's a frame-rate setting.
In reply to gollywop, Jun 4, 2012

gollywop wrote:

Louis_Dobson wrote:

It's pretty much instant in normal, but there are loads of ways to slow it down. I'd check your settings....

I see. And just which settings would you suggest I check?

Gosh Louis, thanks for all the suggestions. I've tried them and several more and the lags are exactly the same: between 1/6 and 1/7 seconds on normal and about 4 to 5 times faster on high. Do you have any other suggested settings to check?

gollywop wrote:

Macx wrote:

There is no need to speculate how much lag there is, it's in documentation: 0.029 second. In comparison a blink of an eye is from 0.1 to 0.4 second. And your reflex response to visual stimuli takes from 0.15 to 0.3 second.

You may perceive the lag, or you may think you perceive it. It doesn't matter to me, as it's too short a lag either for me to notice or for it to have any practical consequence for me.

I was about to ask for a citation, Macx, because the lag I'm seeing is definitely longer than .03 seconds -- at least four times as large.

However, in further study of the manual, I see there is a setting in the gear menu J for the frame rate for the EVF. It can be set either to normal or to high. I had mine on normal. When I set it to high, I can still see a very slight lag, but I think it would be safe to say it is about a fourth of what I was seeing when set on normal.

The manual also indicates that the EVF image quality may be worse with the high setting under some kinds of lighting. They only mention fluorescent; I'm not sure what other lighting.

I think I'll continue to keep it at normal. It's still so fast it makes no practical difference for my style of shooting.
--
gollywop

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

gollywop

-----------

-- hide signature --

gollywop

-----------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow