X-Pro1 Macros from RAW with LR4

Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ELLIOT P STERN
Contributing MemberPosts: 630Gear list
Like?
Re: X-Pro1 Macros from RAW with LR4
In reply to bensherman, Jun 4, 2012

Excellent images. Great composition and exposure and processing.

My partner and myself just finished giving a 3 day workshop in the Shenandoah mountains in Virginia with 10 students all of which use either Nikon, Canon or Olympus Micro four thirds and all processed in Lightroom 4.1. Strange as it may seem we were able to see artifacts that are different from the Fuji file performance but they were the kind of artifacts that would disappear with printing.

My Fuji however seemed to perform well on most of the images and Lightroom did a pretty good job. You are probably correct that it seems to depend on the type of image being taken, created.

One of the things I am always concerned about is how a problem is and does it get worse the more that is written about it. I begin to find myself over examining at times and suddenly the image no longer looks any good.

There for sure is a Lightroom problem and I do not think Fuji is alone in all of this. But

Fuji is what WE shoot so perfection is the goal. I guess Silkypix does a good job but I am far from pleased with the way things work in the Fuji version and there does not seem to be a time frame as to when the full version will be ready for the Fuji files.

Let's hope it all falls into place sooner than later and we can get back to working with the incredible files the camera is producing and get the best out of them without wondering if we are getting the best out of them.
--
Elliot

ELLIOT P STERN's gear list:ELLIOT P STERN's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow