Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrew Curatola
Senior MemberPosts: 1,367Gear list
Like?
Zone 8, looking for some advice.
Jun 4, 2012

Zone 8, thank you for your reply in my other post regarding ink waste tanks. I have a question for you if you be so kind to help me out with. Here is my situation:

I know you like and use Inkjet Fly inks. I've had an R3000 printer since last December (2011) and started using refillable inks and carts since last January (2012). I print out on an average of 4 to 6 - 7"x10" prints everyday 7 days a week since last January. I don't have the problem of no humidity where I live. I take care of my printer like it was a baby.

Since last January I've been using refillable inks and carts and to my dismay I average a clog a month on my R3000 where each clog takes between 3 to 4 head cleanings. If I were using OEM inks I don't know if I would get the same amount of clogs, I'll never know.

So my question: Does a clog a month using non OEM inks seem normal to you? If it's normal or not normal there is no way I will give up using non OEM inks, the ink cost savings are too great. What I will do is as soon as my present supply of refillable inks run out which will be shortly, I will give Inkjet Fly inks a shot. I hear good things about their inks.

Thank you
Andrew

Andrew Curatola's gear list:Andrew Curatola's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Epson Stylus Photo R3000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow