X10 as Replacement

Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Billx08
Forum ProPosts: 11,373
Like?
Re: X10 as Replacement
In reply to GregOB, Jun 4, 2012

GregOB wrote:

Whether an X10 can be a replacement I think depends on the range you need. I found I was using my 28-105 zoom and my longer lenses were seldom used. For me, X10 replaced my slr. And the X10 has better/closer macro performance than what I had before.

Were your longer lenses seldom used primarily because you preferred shooting shorter focal lengths, or because you didn't care to carry additional telephoto lenses, so you had fewer opportunities to shoot longer? If it's the latter, you could get an HS20EXR or HS30EXR which is probably smaller and lighter than your DSLR (assuming that it was a DSLR) and it would go wider and longer (24-720mm). If you want to switch to a smaller, lighter camera, the P7100 has a better range, 28-200mm vs the X10's 28-112mm. If you want to go wider, Nikon makes a high quality WA converter that would extend the wide range to 21mm. Several FTF members were quite vocal last year about how they couldn't live without their HS20 because 28mm just wasn't wide enough.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow