Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rich757
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Nikon D800 problems?
Jun 4, 2012

I've just done my first shoot with the D800.

I was led to believe it would be everything the D700 was, with a few extras, higher resolution, etc.

On the shoot I noticed the screen was lacking in contrast with a slight green tint sometimes. My D700 screen is always contrasty and give you confidence that you have got the shot, and is more faithful to the actual photo you have shot.

With focusing, you worry that you don't always get perfect focus with the D800. Is it more difficult to focus with a higher resolution camera and is there less depth of field? I even read somewhere you should use a higher shutter speed to get sharp photos

The shutter makes a louder noise when pressed than my D700 and the quiet mode is not any quieter?

At the higher iso settings it seems grainier and not as good as D700? I read that if you downscale, this improves? Low light/ high iso grain on D700 was minimal, great, how could the D800 be worse, it is an updated model?

With the raw options in the menu, such as choosing compressed or lossless compressed, it does not increase the number of images available for shooting when you choose this. Nikon technical support said it should do that. If I shoot in RAW then, there is only one setting, so I have to have massive external drives to store them. A RAW compressed option should be a smaller file size?

How do I know what else is wrong with the camera, or if, indeed, anything is wrong with it? Maybe it's a matter of getting used to the camera.

Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow