Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
darkgenius
Senior MemberPosts: 1,759
Like?
Mustang Motorcycles
Jun 4, 2012

I noticed in the paper recently that the Mustang Motorcycle Club of America was going to have their national get together at the Visitors Center (the old Power House) in Kingman, Arizona, not too far from my house. I don't start work until 4 pm, so I went to town around noon. Clear skies and brutal sun, so many of these shots tend a little to the over exposed side. The Mustang was a small motorcycle and was last sold in 1963. Models sold were Pony, Bronco, Stallion and Thoroughbred. Where I grew up, you could get a scooter license, for operating scooters under a certain horsepower, at the age of 13. Most of the young guys in my neighborhood, including me, got Cushman Eagle or Super Eagle scooters as soon as legally able. When we were old enough for a license with no horsepower restrictions, most of us graduated to Mustang motorcycles before moving up to bigger and faster bikes. Most any time you see a gathering of Mustang owners / cycles, you'll also see Cushmans. At this event, there were lots of Mustangs and Cushmans and also a few other odd and interesting machines. Anyway, here are a few photos from my visit. If anyone wants to see more, I'll put a link to the gallery at the bottom.

All taken with a Kr and a Sigma 17-70. Apologies if I posted too many pics and if anyone wants to see more, go here http://photolife.zenfolio.com/p20869543
Thanks for looking.
--
Regards, Dave.

Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow