If you're interested in the XP1, what is keeping you from buying one?

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
canllaith
Regular MemberPosts: 263Gear list
Like?
Re: If you're interested in the XP1, what is keeping you from buying one?
In reply to Archiver, Jun 4, 2012

Archiver wrote:

A few weeks ago I was playing with the X-Pro 1 and was very impressed. I was all set to buy one once my finances came into order.

But at the recent Melbourne PMA Digital Show, I handled the Olympus OM-D and was really blown away by its operating speed. It handles well and shoots like a mid-level DSLR or even better. The lenses are superbly built and I am investigating the image quality to see if it comes up to scratch. It's even smaller than the X-Pro 1, has that fantastically useful tilting touchscreen on the back, and excellent in-body stabilization.

I must admit to also being tempted by the OM-D. I already own some excellent M4/3 prime lenses, which makes it even more financially appealing given the sunk cost I already have in the system.

The abiding love I have for my X100 is causing me to lean toward the XPro regardless. Some decisions you make with your head and others your heart makes for you, overriding such petty objections as logic and reason.

canllaith's gear list:canllaith's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow