If you're interested in the XP1, what is keeping you from buying one?

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
canllaith
Regular MemberPosts: 263Gear list
Like?
Re: Moti, good points. My response...
In reply to wilburpan, Jun 4, 2012

I feel the same way Jeff. I have a very low discard rate with the X100 and I imagine the XPro will be the same when I get one. I have always tried to really get the shot right before pressing the button and as a DSLR user could come home from a day out with only 20 shots on my card. By comparison, I know people who could fill up two 4GB cards and then borrow my unused spare.

They think the X100 is cute but would never own one because it does not allow them to work the way they want to, which I completely understand. By contrast, a slow, sparing shooter could use a DSLR - nothing stops them only taking 20 shots and calling it quits.

Because of this ,a lot of people seem to misunderstand the appeal of the X100 for people like me. It is not that the X100 forces me to shoot slow or that a DSLR would somehow force me to shoot burst. What the X100 gives me is stunning image quality in a light and discree package, and I am able to choose that over a DSLR for most of my shooting because as a slow shooter the compromises the X100 makes are not compromises for me. There is no downside

Different priorities, different shooting styles, drive different requirements for the perfect camera.

canllaith's gear list:canllaith's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow