Should I sell off my Nex 5nD and get a F3 with the 18200?

Started Jun 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
hishouken
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I sell off my Nex 5nD and get a F3 with the 18200?
In reply to golfpan, Jun 4, 2012

Hi golfpan, your advise is sound indeed. I have only seen pictures of the F3 for the grip but I have not actually hold F3 in my hands yet.

Guess I wait till I can hold the F3 with the 18200 lens in my local shops before deciding what to do. Meanwhile I will go do a interest check on the 18-55 silver lens to sell if there’s a possibility of selling it off. Thanks very much!

golfpan wrote:

Again, can't emphasize enough how much you should get an F3 in your hands before making the decision, especially in light of your comment "since the F3 follows the 5n body (which is easier to grip), I'm delighted."

I think if you really like the 5n body, you might not like the F3. The bodies feel very different in the hand. Again, not to say the F3 isn't a great camera, but it doesn't feel anything like the 5n. It's hard to tell from pictures and specs, you really have to see one in person next to a 5n.

Then again, you might like the F3, even though its body is quite different from the 5n, and I apologize for harping on this point because you may have already seen them both, I'm just trying to be a good citizen and let you know that the camera you want may be the camera you already have.

hishouken's gear list:hishouken's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow